Strathmore is looking for a Senior Yard and Shop Technician to join our team on a permanent basis! As a Senior Yard and Shop Technician, your role will be key in supporting field staff and the Shop Manager, maintaining inventory and respecting budgets, all while ensuring that our values are at the forefront of your daily interactions.
Who are we?
- A leader in the field of commercial landscape maintenance for over 55 years
- Major projects such as the Centropolis in Laval and UQAM
- Long-term, privileged relationships with loyal customers
- Tailored integrated services using well-established practices
- An initiative to develop the full potential of our team members through unique training and educational programs
- Increased awareness of sustainable environmental practices for the benefit of the next generations!
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily operations: establish schedules and manage inventory to ensure adequate coverage of contractual needs
- Provide technical expertise: respect the seasonal calendar to make certain that tasks are being performed, share your knowledge to allow proper yard and shop management, and identify issues to develop new strategies to overcome them
- Provide exemplary leadership: participate and/or lead activities designed for team building, health and safety, training and education
The Strathmore Advantages!
- Competitive salary based on experience and education
- Full-time permanent position
- Paid vacation
- Company cell phone
- Defined contribution retirement savings plan
- Company events (covid friendly)
- On-site parking/enclosed bike racks
- Skills and leadership development initiatives
- Career advancement opportunities
For a Perfect Match:
- 2-3 years experience managing logistics
- 2 years experience in leading a team
- 2-3 years experience overseeing a shop or yard
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- A positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team
- Proven ability to manage crew members from different departments
- Must be bilingual in French and English
- Excellent organizational, planning and implementation skills
- Working knowledge of Windows-based computers and functional knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to handle stress with a problem-solving approach
Are you ready to join a team that will propel your personal and professional growth? Apply today!
*Strathmore encourages both internal and external candidates to apply for this role.