Reporting to the Fleet Manager, the Senior Mechanic will be responsible for performing mechanical servicing on our machinery and equipment while also supervising and providing guidance to our team of mechanics. This role is key in ensuring that shop operations are running smoothly and following all safety laws and regulations.
- Overseeing proper record keeping;
- Analyzing problems and finding the appropriate solution;
- Assisting in fleet maintenance and management;
- Maintaining and repairing equipment used for landscaping and arboriculture;
- Supervising the team of mechanics and providing training, as needed;
- Performing all required tasks in a manner that respects all health and safety regulations;
- Ensuring that daily activities are operating efficiently and that deadlines are met.
- Must have a DEP in mechanics in field equipments, small engines or similar discipline;
- 5 years experience with small engines and landscape/arborist equipment such as wood chippers, grapple trailers and stump grinders;
- 2-3 years experience in a supervisory role in a mechanical environment;
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license with a clean driving record;
- Fluently bilingual in French and English;
- Must be goal oriented and good at prioritizing;
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Group RRSP
- Uniform and tools provided