As a Projects Crew Leader, your role will be crucial in managing your team’s Landscaping work on our clients’ properties. Under the direction of the Projects Supervisor, you will be tasked with guaranteeing that our customers receive outstanding service by ensuring that Strathmore’s predetermined work schedule, specifications, procedures and quality standards are met.
Anticipated Start Date: Monday, April 12, 2021 (weather permitting)
Schedule: Monday to Friday with 2-3 saturdays during the season
- Manage your team, materials and equipment to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget;
- Participate in pre-project planning meetings to identify the specifics of each project and share your knowledge and suggestions with others;
- Establish a strong relationship with your field supervisor to ensure that your crew members understands their responsibilities and that tasks are properly delegated;
- Complete the landscaping installation and coordinate the work of your project;
- Coordinate work teams and assign daily tasks;
- Plant planting, tree planting and tree guarding, mulch, peat, pebble and compost, install aluminium border with river stone;
- Be able to perform small pave jobs;
- Train, motivate and evaluate your team members;
- Act in a courteous and respectful manner when interacting with clients and the public, as needed.
- Possess a DEP in Landscaping or in a relevant field;
- At least three years of experience in landscaping;
- One year experience in a supervisory role;
- Experience as an excavator or loader operator, an asset;
- Speak French or English, bilingualism is an asset;
- Good plant knowledge and identification;
- Be physically fit and have great endurance;
- Ability to safely and responsibly use and maintain necessary equipment and tools such as Quick Cut saws, sod cutters, small vibratory plate compactor, mini excavator, loader and all hand tools (wheelbarrow,shovels,rake);
- Effective communication skills to be able to execute verbal instructions, read labels and signs, and complete daily reports for the office and customers;
- Ability to manage time, ability to work under pressure to deliver major projects on schedule and on budget;
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and as a team;
- Have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record;
- Ability to use a cell phone and applications with ease;
- Physical requirements: to be able to walk, to sit, to climb, to kneel, to make repetitive gestures, to bend the knees, to bend at the level of the hips and to lift, carry, push and pull loads of up to 27 kg.
Perks of being part of the team!
- Uniform and cell phone provided for the duration of the contract
- Company events (covid friendly)
- Skills and Leadership development initiatives
- Career advancement opportunities
Salary : $25.00 to $30.00 per hour