We are looking for an autonomous mechanic to join our maintenance department. The incumbent will need to be able to demonstrate initiative, autonomy and to work effectively as a team. In addition, the individual must have good organizational sense and experience to ensure the reliability of vehicles and machinery while:
- Diagnose, repair and clean machines and field equipment (tractors, loaders, lawnmowers, power tools, arboriculture equipment, hydraulic and electrical equipment);
- Conduct regular maintenance on fleet vehicles and equipment;
- Maintain inventory of the parts room, company tools, equipment and tools for fleet support service vehicles;
- Complete work orders;
- Plan, prepare and execute in house repairs;
- Responds to call for repairs as required; and
- Work with various departments and team members to ensure tasks are clear and precise.
The requirements for this position are:
- DEP in mechanics and CPA or relevant experience and education;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a related shop environment. Small engine experience is an asset;
- Unilingual (French) accepted;
- Bilingual (English and French), with both oral and written skills (asset);
- Valid Quebec driver’s license with a clean driving record.
What do we offer?
Strathmore Landscape offers a competitive salary based on the candidate’s experience. Benefits include full-time permanent position, paid vacation, and a complete insurance benefits package including a defined contribution retirement savings plan.
Who are we?
- A leader in the field of commercial landscape maintenance for over 55 years
- Major projects such as the Centropolis in Laval and the Bonaventure Hotel
- Long-term, privileged relationships with loyal customers
- Tailored integrated services using well-established practices
- An initiative to develop the full potential of our team members through unique training and educational programs
- Increased awareness of sustainable environmental practices for the benefit of the next generations!