We are looking for an autonomous small engine mechanic to join our operations department. The incumbent will need to be able to demonstrate initiative, entrepreneurship, autonomy and to work effectively as a team. In addition, the individual must have good organizational sense and experience to ensure the reliability of vehicles and machinery while:
- Diagnose, repair and clean machines and field equipment (tractors, loaders, lawnmowers, power tools, arboriculture equipment, hydraulics and electrical equipment);
- Maintain inventory of the parts room, company tools, equipment and tools for fleet support service vehicles;
- Update and maintain documents and daily reports (driver logs, etc.);
- Plan, prepare and execute internal work orders;
- Responds to call for repairs as required; and
- Work with various departments and team members to ensure tasks are clear and precise.
The requirements for this position are:
- DEP in mechanics and CPA or relevant experience and education;
- 3 to 5 years of experience with small engines;
- Unilingual (French) accepted;
- Bilingual (English and French), with both oral and written skills (asset);
- Valid Quebec driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Strathmore Landscape offers a competitive salary based on the candidate’s experience. Benefits include full-time permanent position, paid vacation, and a complete insurance benefits package including a defined contribution retirement savings plan.