Reporting to the field supervisor, the Lumberjack performs logging duties in the Montreal woodlands for a winter contract from September 1, 2020 until March 26, 2021.
- Perform chopping and debranching without damaging nearby trees;
- Operate machinery including shredder, forestry winch and log loader;
- Handle a chainsaw;
- Ensure that all tasks are executed according to arborists safety standards.
Requirements for this position
- Minimum one year of experience;
- Be able to work as a team or alone;
- Must like manual work;
- High dexterity and physical fitness;
- Ability to act quickly and accurately;
- Have a sense of observation and discernment;
- Speak English or French;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean driving record.