Reporting to the Crew Leader, the Landscape Labourer will tend to different landscape and horticulture maintenance tasks in order to properly maintain our commercial properties and to provide our clients with quality results.
At Strathmore, we offer leadership development and career advancement opportunities because we truly believe in growth! A team member that shares our values will be eligible for advancements and for year-long employment (snow removal in the winter).
Tentative Start Date: Monday, April 12, 2021
Pay Rate: $14.25 – $18.00 (depending on experience) plus paid overtime after 40 hours.
Schedule: Monday to Friday with 2-3 Saturdays during the season. It is mandatory to be available on either the Saturday or Sunday of the following three weekends: May 29-30, June 5-6 and June 12-13.
- Mowing grass, raking, fertilizing and watering the lawn, weeding, pruning of shrubs and trees and other general landscape maintenance work requested by the Crew Leader;
- Performing landscape work which is composed of installing sod, plant flowers, ornamental grasses, shrubs and trees, as well as other tasks related to the execution of a landscape installation and adjacent structures;
- Using and maintaining electrical mowers, chainsaws, hedge trimmers, sod cutters, tree pruning saws as well as other machinery required to complete landscape tasks to our standards;
- Participating in postseason cleanup;
- Executing all manual task to maintain gardens and landscapes in the allocated time;
- Working in a safe manner and participate at the safety meetings;
- Respecting all policies and procedures of Strathmore Landscape;
- Adopting a courteous and polite attitude to colleagues and clients.
- Physically fit, ability to perform manual tasks required;
- Physical demands: walking, sitting, climbing, kneeling, repetitive motion, bending at the knee, bending at the hip. Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 27 kg;
- Have a practical understanding of the use of the machinery mentioned (is an asset);
- Be able to understand verbal instructions and execute them, read labels, keep simple records and communicate verbal reports.
Perks of joining our team!
- Full uniform provided (except work boots)
- On-site parking/enclosed bike racks
- Leadership development program
- Career advancement opportunities
STRATHMORE LANDSCAPE is a leader in the area of commercial landscape maintenance. With over 55 years in business, we are a company that is constantly striving for improvement and seeking out ways to make ourselves better. We are strongly committed to building long-term relationships with our clients by adding value to every service we provide. To achieve this, we deliver tailored integrated services using well-established practices by maintaining strong ties with our suppliers through being honest and loyal; and, developing the potential of our employees through unique training and education. We always strive for excellence and are a leader in Montreal in environmentally friendly landscape practices because we believe in taking care of the environment in a sustainable way so that the next generation can also benefit from it!