Anticipated Start Date: Monday, May 4, 2020
Pay Rate: $14.00 to $18.00 (depending on experience) plus paid overtime after 40 hours
Schedule: Monday to Friday with 2-3 Saturdays during the season
Want to join a fast- growing company and take part in a massive spring and summer flower planting? Who doesn’t love a bit of fresh air and exercise, or a fun, social atmosphere both on and off the clock? If you’re up to the task and want to join Strathmore’s colorful team, we’d love to meet you!
Strathmore crew members are responsible for completing all required tasks to the highest standards, so that our clients can go home happy. It’s not just about getting the job done, though — our best crew members show up on time every day they’re scheduled, ready and excited to work. They respect all of Strathmore’s core values, procedures and quality standards in the work they do and work in a safe, technically proficient manner.
All Strathmore team members are responsible for one or a combination of the tasks listed below. We firmly believe that people perform best when working in areas they are passionate about.
- Take care of gardens;
- Take care of turf;
- Renovate gardens;
- Drive trucks;
- Operate machinery.
- Full ability to handle physical demands: walking, sitting, climbing, kneeling, repetitive motion, bending at the knee, bending at the hip, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 27 kg;
- Minimum Grade 9 or Secondary 3 education;
- Practical understanding of the use of the machinery;
- Ability to understand verbal instructions and act upon them, read labels, keep simple records and communicate verbal reports;
- Ability to provide strong customer service.