Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Field Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that contractual obligations are fulfilled in a high-quality, technically proficient, safe way within budgets assigned. They are tasked with developing and maintaining a talented and productive team to ensure that our clients receive the best service from Strathmore.
- Oversee daily operations: establish and schedule routine short-term maintenance activities; assign tickets and material requirements to Crew Leaders; organize and record safety meeting documentation from Crew Leaders; participate in meetings to review crews, maintenance work, work orders and special circumstances; ensure adequate coverage of contractual requirements; and record incidents and near misses.
- Develop a strong team: evaluate team strengths and limitations while adjusting, as needed; participate in hiring activities and decisions; ensure proper training and development of Crew Leaders on strategies to improve technique, efficiency and productivity; and foster a cohesive team of Operations and Administrative staff to ensure quick response for client expectations and quality production.
- Provide technical expertise:respect seasonal calendar to ensure that tasks are being performed at seasonally appropriate times; stay informed about problems and trends in Landscape and Horticulture; recommend preventative or restorative treatments for clients; respond to client concerns and complaints (issues); ensure accuracy of information in Company Software and produces reports as per schedule; and maintain active contact with people and trends in the industry that affect operations.
- Provide exemplary leadership: represent company in professional associations, participate in training and education activities; and lead in activities designed for team building and safety.
- College/Technical degree in Horticulture, Landscape, Environment or a related field;
- Minimum two years of proven extensive skills with leading teams and managing crews;
- Five years of experience in the industry;
- Good plant knowledge and ability to identify;
- Must be autonomous and highly motivated;
- Ability to handle stress and to multi-task;
- Working knowledge of Windows-based computers and functional knowledge of MS Office;
- Bilingual (French and English), Spanish is considered an asset;
- Valid Canadian driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Strathmore Landscape Management offers a competitive salary based on the candidate’s experience. Benefits include full-time permanent position, paid vacation, and a complete insurance benefits package including a defined contribution retirement savings plan.
Tentative Start Date: Monday, March 15, 2021
Strathmore Landscape Management is a leader in the area of commercial landscape maintenance. With over 55 years in business, we are a company that is constantly striving for improvement and seeking out ways to make ourselves better. We are strongly committed to building long-term relationships with our clients by adding value to every service we provide. To achieve this, we deliver tailored integrated services using well-established practices by maintaining strong ties with our suppliers through being honest and loyal; and, developing the potential of our employees through unique training and education. We always strive for excellence and are a leader in Montreal in environmentally friendly landscape practices because we believe in taking care of the environment in a sustainable way so that the next generation can also benefit from it!