Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Field Supervisor in Arboriculture and Pruning is responsible for ensuring that contractual obligations are fulfilled in a high-quality and efficiently safe way while respecting budgets assigned. They are tasked with developing and maintaining a talented and productive team to ensure that our clients receive the best service from Strathmore.
Oversee daily operations: establish and schedule routine short-term maintenance activities; assign tickets and material requirements to Crew Leaders; organize and record safety meeting documentation from Crew Leaders; participate in meetings to review crews, maintenance work, work orders and special circumstances; ensure adequate coverage of contractual requirements; and record incidents and near misses.
Develop a strong team: evaluate team strengths and limitations while adjusting, as needed; participate in hiring activities and decisions; ensure proper training and development of Crew Leaders on strategies to improve technique, efficiency and productivity; and foster a cohesive team of Operations and Administrative staff to ensure quick response for client expectations and quality production.
Provide technical expertise: respect seasonal calendar to ensure that tasks are being performed at seasonally appropriate times; stay informed about problems and trends in Arboriculture; recommend preventative or restorative treatments for clients; respond to client concerns and complaints (issues); ensure accuracy of information in Company Software and produces reports as per schedule; and maintain active contact with people and trends in the industry that affect operations.
Provide exemplary leadership: represent company in professional associations, participate in training and education activities; and lead in activities designed for team building and safety.
- College/Technical degree in Arboriculture with ISA certification;
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience with proper pruning, tree felling, tree climbing, safe rigging practices and installation of tree cabling/support systems;
- Must have 2-3 years of experience in managing teams;
- Must have basic knowledge of tree identification;
- Proven extensive skills with leading teams and managing crews;
- Motivated, self-starter;
- Ability to handle stress and to multi-task;
- Functional knowledge of Windows-based computers and MS Office;
- Bilingual (French and English), Spanish is considered an asset;
- Valid Quebec driver’s license with a clean driving record.
We offer a competitive salary based on the candidate’s experience. Benefits include full-time permanent position, paid vacation, and a complete insurance benefits package including a defined contribution retirement savings plan.