STRATHMORE LANDSCAPE is a leader in the area of commercial landscape maintenance. With over 55 years in business, we are a company that is constantly striving for improvement and seeking out ways to make ourselves better. We are strongly committed to building long-term relationships with our clients by adding value to every service we provide. To achieve this, we deliver tailored integrated services using well-established practices by maintaining strong ties with our suppliers through being honest and loyal; and, developing the potential of our employees through unique training and education. We always strive for excellence and are a leader in Montreal in environmentally friendly landscape practices because we believe in taking care of the environment in a sustainable way so that the next generation can also benefit from it!
Anticipated Start Date: Monday, April 13, 2020
Pay Rate: $13.10 to $17.00 (depending on experience) plus paid overtime after 40 hours
Schedule: Monday to Friday with 2-3 Saturdays during the season
- Mowing grass, raking, fertilizing and watering the lawn, weeding, pruning of shrubs and trees and other general landscape maintenance work requested by the Crew Leader;
- Perform landscape work which is composed of installing sod, plant flowers, ornamental grasses, shrubs and trees, as well as other tasks related to the execution of a landscape installation and adjacent structures;
- Use and maintain electrical mowers, tractors, chainsaws, hedge trimmers, sod cutters, tree pruning saws as well as other machinery required to complete landscape tasks to our standards;
- Post-season cleanup;
- Execute other manual task to maintain gardens and landscapes in the allocated time;
- Work in a safe manner and participate at the safety meetings;
- Respect all policies and procedures of Strathmore Landscape;
- Adopt a courteous and polite attitude to colleagues and clients.
- Physically fit, ability to perform manual tasks required;
- Physical demands: walking, sitting, climbing, kneeling, repetitive motion, bending at the knee, bending at the hip. Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 27 kg;
- Have a practical understanding of the use of the machinery mentioned;
- Be able to understand verbal instructions and execute them, read labels, keep simple records and communicate verbal reports;
- Provide excellent customer service.