STRATHMORE LANDSCAPE is a leader in the area of commercial landscape maintenance. With over 55 years in business, we are a company that is constantly striving for improvement and seeking out ways to make ourselves better. We are strongly committed to building long-term relationships with our clients by adding value to every service we provide. To achieve this, we deliver tailored integrated services using well-established practices by maintaining strong ties with our suppliers through being honest and loyal; and, developing the potential of our employees through unique training and education. We always strive for excellence and are a leader in Montreal in environmentally friendly landscape practices because we believe in taking care of the environment in a sustainable way so that the next generation can also benefit from it!
As a Project Crew Leader, your role will be crucial in managing your team’s landscaping work on the property of Strathmore’s clients. Under the direction of the field supervisor, you will ensure that our customers receive outstanding service by ensuring that Strathmore’s predetermined work schedule, specifications, procedures and quality standards are met.
Anticipated Start Date: Monday, April 13, 2020
Pay Rate: $25.00 to $30.00 (depending on experience) plus paid overtime after 40 hours
Schedule: Monday to Friday with 2-3 Saturdays during the season
- Manage your team, materials and equipment to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget;
- Participate in pre-project planning meetings to identify the specifics of each project and share your experience and suggestions with others;
- Establish a strong relationship with your field supervisor to ensure that everyone understands their responsibilities and that tasks are properly delegated;
- Complete the landscaping installation; coordinate the work of various projects simultaneously;
- Coordinate work teams and assign daily tasks;
- Read and follow plans and specifications;
- Calculate elevations and terrain levels for paving and curbing;
- Plant planting, tree planting and tree guarding, mulch, peat, pebble and compost;
- Be able to perform small pave jobs;
- Train and evaluate your team members.
- Possess a DEP in Landscaping or have at least three years of experience in Landscaping, including one in a supervisory position;
- Speak French and/or English;
- Know the plants and be able to identify them; • Be physically fit and have great endurance;
- Ability to safely and responsibly use and maintain necessary equipment and tools (e.g. Quick Cut saws, chain saws, checkers, electric wheelbarrows, circular saws, turf shifters, sprayers or powders, walking tractors, drills);
- Effective communication skills: The candidate must be able to execute verbal instructions, read labels and signs, and complete daily reports for the office and customers. • Ability to manage time, ability to work under pressure to deliver major projects on schedule and on budget;
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and as a team;
- Have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record;
- Knowledge of computers or smart phones;
- Physical requirements: to be able to walk, to sit, to climb, to kneel, to make repetitive gestures, to bend the knees, to bend at the level of the hips and to lift, carry, push and pull loads of up to 27 kg.