Anticipated Start Date: Monday, May 4, 2020
Pay Rate: $18.00 to $25.00 (depending on experience)
Schedule: Monday to Friday
All Strathmore team members are responsible for one or a combination of the tasks listed below. We firmly believe that people perform best when working in areas they are passionate about.
- Cut dead branches and prune healthy branches of young and adult trees – clear overhead networks;
- Perform tree hauling;
- Remove stumps from land following tree felling;
- Fertilize trees;
- Examine trees and determine the treatment to be applied in case of illness;
- Transport and use heavy equipment and tools;
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of Strathmore Landscape Contractors while respecting safety rules;
- Maintain a courteous and polite attitude with clients and teammates.
- Must have DEP in Arboriculture and ISA Certificate;
- At least 1 or 2 years of experience in the field;
- Class 3 license is preferable;
- Ability to handle physical demands: walking, sitting, climbing, kneeling, repetitive motion, bending at the knee, bending at the hip, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 27 kg;
- Ability to understand verbal instructions and act upon them, read labels, keep simple records and communicate verbal reports;
- Practical understanding of how to use forestry equipment;
- Be able to work well independently as well as in a team with little supervision;
- Have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.