Snow and Ice
A little winter isn’t going to stop us.
In response to the industry’s need for a reliable and responsible snow contractor, Strathmore developed Zero-Tolerance Snow Removal. Strathmore assumes full control of your property’s snow and ice management from the first flake to the last patch of ice.
We are specialized in commercial properties specific to large surfaces. Our rates start at $10,000 for snow removal services and $25,000 for landscaping services.
Here’s what we bring:
- Snow removal and ice management programs tailored to your property (ie: Zero-Tolerance, environmental de-icers)
- Dedicated Account Manager
- Early morning snow patrol
- Zero-Tolerance Snow Removal
- Late-model equipment
- Environmentally responsible motors (Tier 4 emissions)
- Poly plow blades for use on granite, marble and other delicate surfaces
- Mobile mechanics
- $5,000,000 civil liability insurance
- Integrated health and safety training for all employees
- CNESST compliance
- Work performed by uniformed Strathmore employees
1000 de la Gauchetière
- Montreal’s tallest skyscraper, 1000 de la Gauchetière, includes office space, shopping areas, and a major bus terminal (the Downtown Terminus) serving the RTM and commuter buses to Longueuil, Brossard and other South Shore communities.
- A high-profile downtown site such as this one with significant pedestrian traffic requires hand shoveling for public safety and materials protection. Layering on the fact that this site houses one of downtown’s busiest bus terminals, a sense of urgency during a storm is a necessity.
- The City of Montreal’s prioritizes snow removal on streets to ensure traffic flow but this results in large snow banks at the bus terminal entrance.
- The building was targeting LEED EB: O&M Silver certification which demanded sustainable snow removal and deicing practices.
- Strathmore’s mandate has been to supplement Municipal snow removal at the station entrance, sidewalks and garage, so the RTM bus system can continue running smoothly.
- A strict 24/7 Zero-Tolerance snow removal program was put in place which includes multiple visits per storm with a snowfall trigger of 1cm, hauling services, a service hotline, service reports and email communication with clients with key updates.
- A LEED deicing program was put in place.
- Hand shoveling service is provided in the main plaza to protect the granite surface finish.
- In 2016, Le 1000 received a LEED Silver certification for Existing Buildings: operation and maintenance (EB: O&M) by the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC).
It all starts with a conversation. Reach out to us.
Send us a message about your project below: