WORK IN FLOWER PLANTING WITH STRATHMORE
Want to join a young growing company and take part in the flower planting season? Who doesn’t love a bit of fresh air
and exercise, or a fun, social atmosphere both on and off the clock? If you’re up to the task and want to join the
colourful team here at Strathmore, we’d love to meet you.
CREW MEMBER JOB SUMMARY:
We’re proud of the work we do at Strathmore, but without strong, dedicated crew members supporting our vision…
well, to be honest, we wouldn’t as respected as we are in urban landscape management.
Strathmore crew members are responsible for completing all required tasks to the highest standards, so that our
clients can go home happy. It’s not just about getting the job done, though — our best crew members show up on
time every day they’re scheduled, ready and excited to work. They respect all of Strathmore’s core values,
procedures and quality standards in the work they do and work in a safe, technically-proficient manner.
You’ve got my attention! Give me the basic rundown:
• Job type: Full-time
• Location: Montreal
• • Start date: April – June 2019 (depending on the weather)
• Work hours: 6:30 AM – end of day
• Salary: $13.00 – $15.00/hr, plus paid overtime (time and a half)
I’m in! What do you need me to do?
All Strathmore team members have responsibility for one or a combination of the tasks listed below. We
firmly believe that people perform best when working in areas they are passionate about.
• Take care of gardens
• Take care of turf
• Renovate gardens
• Drive trucks
• Operate machinery
Sounds exciting! What skills or requirements do I need?
• Full ability to handle physical demands: walking, sitting, climbing, kneeling, repetitive motion, bending at the
knee, bending at the hip, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 27 kg, etc.
• Minimum Grade 9 or Secondary 3 education
• Practical understanding of the use of the machinery
• Ability to understand verbal instructions and act upon them, read labels, keep simple records and
communicate verbal reports
• Ability to provide strong customer service